In 2013, RASE set up Innovation for Agriculture to deliver knowledge exchange and share best practice.
Innovation for Agriculture is a consortium of agricultural societies. The organisation connects farmers with farming research and works with leading agricultural researchers, businesses, landowners, and farmers to develop the knowledge and technologies that will make modern farming more sustainable, resilient, and productive.
Through practical and interactive workshops, farm walks, and on-farm demonstrations, Innovation for Agriculture helps farmers put knowledge into practice.
Find out more about Innovation for Agriculture ....
RASE Farm of the Future
The farm businesses of the future must optimise food production, farm profitability, the environment and people. The RASE Farm of the Future initiative, which is delivered in partnership with Innovation for Agriculture, identifies and shares agricultural solutions, technologies and practices which can help farm businesses, people and wider communities to thrive.
The initiative began with the publication of the RASE Farm of the Future: Journey to Net Zero report in 2022, which set out a vision for how farm businesses in the UK could maintain their primary purpose of food production while responding to the climate and biodiversity crises.
To date, the initiative has delivered:
- The publication of six reports and sector papers
- The publication of an action guide for farmers, which was sent to every Farmers Guardian subscriber in summer 2023
- The formation of three farmer action groups
- The delivery of study tours and on-farm events to see different technologies and farming solutions in practice
- The organisation and delivery of the 2023 Farm of the Future: Net Zero in Practice conference which took place at Harper Adams University in 2023
- The delivery of webinars on an array of topics to share ideas with the wider farming community
- The production of a podcast series to share ideas with the wider farming community
View upcoming Farm of the Future opportunities here.